Saturday 12th August 2017
Come and celebrate everything we love about bookshops!
We get feedback daily that people love Adelaide’s Pop-up Bookshop (awwww, shucks) but we would love you to show us you care this Love Your Bookshop Day. Here are some suggestions:
- VISIT our ever-changing Central Market store
- Bring a FRIEND with you
- Tell the world with a REVIEW at com.au
- FOLLOW com/popup_bookshop & facebook.com/PopupBookshop
- DONATE your books (bring in-store or contact for a free pick-up)
- Remember books – including secondhand ones – make PERFECT GIFTS
- TELL US your 3 favourite books – online, in person or handwritten note. We love hearing from customers!
POPPING UP IN MELBOURNE!
Next weekend (July 7-9), the country’s most prestigious booksellers will converge on Melbourne for the 45th Rare Book Fair – the culmination of Rare Book Week.
Kate Treloar, of Adelaide’s Pop-Up Bookshop in the Central Market, is proud to be flying the flag for SA. In this debut appearance she will be one of only two South Australian booksellers exhibiting at this internationally recognised event.
Highlights from the Pop-Up Bookshop stall include collectible copies of classic works:
– a signed copy of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five
– The Complete Works of H.G. Wells (28 volumes with the first volume signed by Wells);
– special editions of Tolkien’s The Lord Of The Rings
– deluxe copies of Don Quixote (Cervantes), The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (Samuel Taylor Coleridge) and Dickens’ A Christmas Carol.
And, for those who still expect a shop full of pop-up books, a collection of particularly rare regimental books (circa 1900) with various pop-ups, pullouts and panoramic artwork!
If you’re in Melbourne, come say “hi” – if not, a message of support would do wonders for our nerves (this is actually a pretty big deal)!