- Scarce First Edition [Hassell Press, Adelaide, 1924]
- Inscription from decorated author
- Bookplate of P[hilip]. V[enables]. Vernon, founder of the NSW Lancers Memorial Museum and former commanding officer of the regiment (as were his father and grandfather before him).
- Maroon cloth boards; 206 pages plus 28 plates; slight fade to spine (as usual) with fade continuing for 1/3 of rear board; tape marks inside boards and endpapers; some foxing to outer pages
- Very good copy overall of a scarce and highly-sought WWI battalion history with noteworthy provenance