- Printed by Miles Fletcher for Richard Bently [London, 1688].
- Stated fourth edition [first published in 1667].
- First illustrated edition [“Adorn’d with Sculptures” being 12 full-page plates at start of each Book; all complete and in very good order, with only minimal foxing to margins]; missing additional frontispiece portrait of Milton.
- Mispagination: pages 251-296 [printed as 151-196]; 219-220pp repeated numbering.
- First folio-sized printing; [iv], 343pp, [6-page subscription list]; full mottled calf binding with gilt border and embossed floral decoration, front & rear; 7-panelled spine with raised bands, gilt title, edition & decorations; 2cm split top rear outer hinge; strong binding.
- A very good early edition of this classic English poem.