- This collection of new translations brings together the small proportion of Kafka’s works that he thought worthy of publication. It includes:
- Metamorphosis, his most famous work, an exploration of horrific transformation and alienation;
- Meditation, a collection of his earlier studies;
- The Judgement, written in a single night of frenzied creativity;
- The Stoker, the first chapter of a novel set in America; and a fascinating occasional piece,
- The Aeroplanes at Brescia, Kafka’s eyewitness account of an air display in 1909.
- ISBN:978-0-14-310524-4 / 9780143105244