- First UK Edition published by Rupert Hart-Davis [London, 1954]
- Complete with unclipped original dustjacket [9s 6d net]
- Very good copy; 158pp; red boards with bright silver lettering on spine; cocked spine; slight foxing on page block; internally excellent; jacket spine sunfaded [as usual]; tiny nicks and general rubbing at extremities
- Pencilled ownership on ffep of renowned Polish-Australian artist Stan Ostoja-Kotkowski [click for Wikipedia entry]
- Ray Bradbury’s classic envisages a dystopian future in which the job of firemen is to seek out books and burn them.